Tagaytay City has been a hideaway to millions of metropolitan citizens who are in dire need of fresh air, beautiful scenery, a relaxation spot, and comforting dishes. And Tagaytay Highlands is just two hours away from Manila via South Luzon Expressway (SLEX).
It is no wonder the Tagaytay Highlands as flocked by millions of visitors every year. Cool in summer, it is a welcome escape from the heat of Manila.
What the visitors usually look forward to about Tagaytay Highlands is their famous cable car ride that provides a great view of the surrounding luscious greenery mostly made up of pine trees. Through this activity, you’ll be up in the sky with two-three friends to experience an aerial tour of the whole lot.
How much is the entrance fee in Tagaytay Highlands? There’s a consumable amount of ₱1,800 plus a one-time entrance fee of ₱200 for the whole party.
Why investing in Tagaytay Highlands is a smart move?
1. Brand. Tagaytay Highlands is considered the Philippines ‘ most exclusive leisure-residential mountain resort with an upscale membership base. It has been in operation for 20 years now.
2. Location and weather. Located in the heart of Tagaytay City, the property is the only one of its kind and scale, occupying a land area of 1,290 hectares and straddling three provinces—Cavite, Laguna, and Batangas. At 2,000 feet above sea level, it offers striking views of Taal Lake and Volcano, Mt. Makiling Laguna de Bay, and many more.
3. Amenities. Tagaytay Highlands boasts of a legion of firsts in the country such as the first cable cars, the first 48-seater Swiss funicular train, the first 45-hole golfing resort in the whole of Tagaytay City, and the first to have The Peak Bar with a 360-degree view of two lakes, Taal volcano, five mountains, and four cities.
4. Environment. Tagaytay Highlands is ideal for a second home. Located in one of the top Philippines tourist destinations in the country, it situated near hospitals, academic centers, shopping establishments, industrial and technological parks, churches, banks, and gasoline stations.
5. Premier homes. Tagaytay Highlands has exclusive themed residential communities—the Highlands, Midlands, and Greenlands—that were master-planned by reputable design teams and maintained through excellent after-sales and property management.
Tagaytay Highlands Country Club House
Tagaytay Highlands Country Club House is a recreation center. The three-level Sports Center encourages an exciting sporting life. With an indoor basketball court, billiards hall, 14-lane disco bowling center, and indoor squash courts, there is plenty to do.
After an exhausting workout, you can have a treat at Gourmet Avenue. They showcase Toscana, offering a wide selection of pizzas and pasta, serving Thai bestsellers, and Akasaka, serving oriental Japanese cuisine, among others.
Sports Center amenities
The three-level Sports Center is open weekdays, 7 am-7 pm Saturdays and holidays (7 am-12midnight) and Sundays, from 7 am-8 pm.
- 96 lockers each for both male and female guests
- steam sauna, hydrotherapy, combination Swedish & shiatsu massage
- massage chairs, reflexology, and jacuzzis
- two indoor badminton courts with Italian rubber vinyl flooring
- wood-floored indoor basketball court
- billiards hall
- A 14-lane disco bowling center
- two indoor squash courts
- heated indoor lap pool
- indoor table tennis
- three outdoor tennis courts with a synthetic grass surface
- skating rink
- go-cart racing
- horseback riding ring and a 2.8-km bridle path
Country Club amenities
- locker rooms with Jacuzzi (male locker room only), sauna, 98 lockers for male guests and 116 lockers for female guests
- fully-stocked sports shop
- fully-equipped gym and aerobics center
- ten restaurants offering a variety of international specialty cuisines
- The Animal Farm – a petting zoo which is home to miniature animals from different parts of the world
- meeting rooms
- karaoke bar
Tagaytay Highlands To Midlands
Highlands to Midlands are now housing hundreds of families and individuals. One could explore each community in a zip through the Swiss Funicular train system inside that offers a breathtaking experience of the whole property as well as the magnificent view of Taal Lake and Volcano.
It was thrilling as a rollercoaster ride, but a lot, lot slower. If you are afraid of heights and wanna conquer that fear, this is a sure-fire hit activity that you should try.
Tagaytay Highlands Spa And Lodge
Situated on one of the highest points of Tagaytay Highlands, The Spa and Lodge offer its members the best accommodations and the ultimate in relaxation therapy and beauty treatments. Made entirely of Western Red Cedar logs, the two-level structure offers 25 well-appointed, tastefully furnished suites. A whole wing of treatment rooms-including his and hers salon-and a health bar at the Great Room Lobby Lounge offering the finest and healthiest dishes.
Accommodations at the Lodge are available via a separate member that is open exclusively to members of the Clubs where they can enjoy the facilities the Spa has to offer.
- 25 fully-furnished, well-appointed, and guestrooms
- The Great Room Lobby Lounge and coffee shop
- Exhilarating views of Mount Makiling, Laguna de Bay, Taal Lake, and the world-renowned Tagaytay Highlands golf course
- Relaxation treatment rooms
- A salon for male and female
Highlands Int’l Golf Club, Inc.
The TAGAYTAY HIGHLANDS INTERNATIONAL GOLF CLUB, INC. is home to Asia’s most exciting golf course, as well as a plethora of sports and recreation amenities for golfers and non-golfers alike. It showcases the country’s first and only cable car system that provides magnificent views of the golf course and the countryside.
Highland Golf Amenities
- 18 challenging holes of golf
- locker rooms with therapeutic and shiatsu body
- massage, sauna, 205 lockers for male guests, and 72 ockers for female guests
- fully-stocked pro shop
- a golfer’s Lounge serving
- International cuisines
- Specialty restaurants
- Antiques and Curiosity Shop
- cozy fireplace
- a cable car system that whisks golfers from the 9th and 18th holes to the 1st and 10th tees
Midlands Golf Club, Inc.
Situated amidst a dense forest 1,000 feet above Taal Lake, the 400-hectare TAGAYTAY MIDLANDS GOLF CLUB boasts of a championship golf course with a picture-perfect view of the Taal lake and volcano.
Linking the Midlands and the Highlands is a 48-seater funicular transport system, unique to the location, which takes passengers to their destination.
Midland Golf Amenities
• 18 challenging holes of golf
• locker rooms with therapeutic and shiatsu body massage, sauna, 205 lockers for male guests and 72 lockers for female guests
• fully-stocked pro shop
• putting green
• two well-appointed restaurants serving Asian and International cuisine
• viewing decks and verandas overlooking Taal Lake and the golf course
• funicular transport system
Tagaytay Highlands Club Share/Membership
Note: Membership Club Share are now bundled to properties at Midlands and Highlands enclave (for lot or condominiums). See the picture below…
Membership/Club Share (secondary market price)
|The Country Club||₱ 650,000 (cash or installment) / $13,510|
|Tagaytay Midlands Golf Club||1,000,000 (cash or installment) / $20,800|
|Tagaytay Highlands Golf Club||1,000,000 (cash or installment) / $20,800|
|The Spa and Lodge||850,000 (cash only) / $17,700|
The Country Club At Tagaytay Highlands
The Tagaytay Highlands clubs are private and exclusive membership clubs. For this reason, club facilities and privileges can only be used by members and by guests invited and accompanied by a member in good standing. Likewise, entry to the club only is extended to members and guests accompanied by a member. This member is responsible for his or her guests’ good behavior and the cost of services rendered to them by the club.
Membership Regulations & Fees
Requirements to apply for membership to the Club:
- Application for Membership form duly accomplished by the applicant
- Four (4) pcs colored pictures (white background, taken within the last three months)
- One (1) Letter of Endorsement each from 2 regular/proprietary members of any of the Highlands Clubs who are in good standing
Additional Membership Requirements from the Applicant:
- Copy of the Tax Identification Number card
- NSO-certified birth certificate of the applicant and dependents and/or SEC Registration for a corporate account
- Copy of the details page of the applicant’ valid passport or driver’s license
- Check for advance payment of one (1) month membership dues
Requirements From Qualified Dependents:
Qualified dependents, as defined in the Club’s By-Laws, refer to the member’s legal spouse and the unmarried children whose ages are not beyond 29 years old.
- NSO-certified birth certificate of each qualified dependent
- Copy of the details page of the valid passport or driver’s license of each dependent
- Valid student ID for qualifying dependents who are students
- Four (4) pcs colored pictures (white background, taken within the last three months) of each qualified dependent
- Names should be indicated at the back of the photo using a ballpoint pen
- From the spouse: NSO-certified marriage contract
Membership application and release of membership cards procedure
Application requirements will be subjected to review and evaluation by the membership committee. The result will be released within 3 or 4 weeks.
|COUNTRY CLUB REGULAR MEMBERS||ASSIGNEE MEMBERS||JUNIOR MEMBERS|
|THIGCI||₱5,000 ($105)||₱5,000 ($105)||₱5,000 ($105)|
|TCCATH||₱4,200 ($90)||₱4,700 ($100)||₱4,200 ($90)|
|TMGC||₱5,700 ($120)||₱5,200 ($110)||₱4,300 ($95)|
Tagaytay Highlands Room Accommodations Rates
Residents can choose from different types of developments such as condo units, log cabins, themed houses, and lots that have varying sizes depending on each owner’s preference. All communities have 24/7 gate security service, with homes that enjoy a view of surrounding landscapes.
Tagaytay Highlands says owning a property in the mountain resort is deemed a smart investment as Tagaytay City is now a top weekend destination for people seeking a home away from home.
How To Get There?
Tagaytay Highlands is one place in Tagaytay that not everyone can access, but now guests have the opportunity to do so with the Guest Card. I’m happy that I discovered this place that is now our gateway to the fun activities and amenities inside this exclusive country club.
Don’t forget your insurance! You never know when you’ll need it. We suggest getting travel insurance. Which coverage includes medical, trip cancellation, your belongings from theft or damage, baggage, car rental coverage, and much more.
Manila Cathedral is a postcard-perfect picturesque church. and the spiritual heart of Manila for over five centuries. It is a must-visit place of contemplation and a symbol of the nation’s soul.
Surrounded by Hotels, shops, restaurants, and the clutter of Makati City life is found a place you can relax and chill for a while. Greenbelt Park Makati is one of my favorite places in Makati.
Pasig Rainforest Park has been rebranded as RAVE Pasig (Rainforest Adventure Experience) but how good is it? Is it really worth RAVING about? Let’s find out…
San Agustin Church Manila is a spectacular church that is a UNESCO site and the oldest stone-built church in the Philippines.
The Rizal Park water fountain and music are just amazing… Fun to watch and perfect for a couple or family.
City of Dreams Manila is an ‘integrated resort’ that includes three 5 star hotels plus a wide range of retail and restaurants and other leisure and gaming availability all under one roof.
From its giant Ferris wheel to signature roller coaster ride, Star City Manila to many, will remain as one of the most fun places to be .
Manila Baywalk may be getting overlooked but it should never be forgotten… See why… Take a walk along Manila Baywalk. Once an area for pickpockets and thieves until it was transformed. What is it like today?
Looking for a luxury hotels in manila? For those who expect the best. Luxury hotels for the discerning traveler. Let’s find out if they’re worth the penny….
A full unbiased review of Fort Santiago Intramuros Manila. I can easily spend an afternoon here and, in fact, I recently did. Is Fort Santiago Manila worth visiting?