A copy from the PSA online application is always needed as it is genuine. PSA certificates are one of the most sought after the requirement for many Filipinos. Well… From getting a passport, applying for a visa, getting married, or getting any valid ID; a PSA document is needed. But what IF you’re too busy to apply for a birth, marriage, CENOMAR, civil registry documents, or death certificate? Or if you are overseas? Worry no more… The convenient alternative to a walk-in application is by using the PSA online application service. Yes, you heard it right. Through PSA online application, you can skip the long lines and stressful commutes. Safer and more convenient.
The PSA Serbilis website (formerly e-Census) is an online facility that enables Filipinos to order their documents and have them delivered anywhere in the Philippines or abroad after several days to your preferred address.
PSAHelpline.ph (formerly NSOHelpline) is a PSA online service portal run by Pilipinas Teleserv, an accredited partner of the PSA.
Like PSA Serbilis, PSAHelpline accepts online requests for PSA-authenticated birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates, and CENOMAR. However, it delivers documents within the Philippines only. The PSA online service fees are also a bit higher with PSAHelpline than PSA Serbilis. Still, PSAHelpline is a great option for hassle-free processing of your civil registry documents.
You can get a PSA certificate online either through PSA Serbilis and PSAHelpline.ph. Here’s a quick walk-through of each PSA online application service.
NOTE: PSA documents documents can only be issued to:
- The owner himself or through a duly authorized representative
- His/her spouse, parent, direct descendants, guardian or institution legally-in-charge of him/her, if minor
- The court or proper public official whenever absolutely necessary in administrative, judicial or other proceedings to determine the identity of a person
- In case of the person’s death, the nearest of kin
If you are the document owner and you are unable to receive the document, you may authorize a representative to do so on your behalf. Your authorized representative will have to present the following to the courier:
- your signed authorization letter
- your valid ID (with photo and signature)
- the valid ID (with photo and signature) of your authorized representative
Don’t forget to read the 10 frequently asked questions at the end of this article. It’s very useful.
What services are available in PSA Serbilis?
PSA Serbilis is an online facility that allows you to submit requests for the following civil registry services:
• issuance of certified copies of birth, marriage and death certificates; and
• issuance of certificate of no marriage record (CENOMAR)
Other features of the website are request status inquiry, directory of PSA Serbilis Centers and vital statistics reports
How to Get PSA Online Application in PSAserbilis
Here are the detailed steps to get your needed document from the PSA online:
- Click the “Click here to request now” button on the PSA Serbilis homepage.
- Read the Terms and Conditions. Click the “I Accept” button.
- Enter the required contact and delivery information. Click the Next button.
- Confirm the accuracy of your details.
- Choose the type of PSA certificate you need by clicking the applicable button. Answer the questions that follow. Click the Next button.
- Enter the required personal information. Once you’re done filling out the form, click the Save button.
- Confirm the accuracy of your details.
- A Requests Summary page will appear. You can add another document request (by clicking the applicable button) and/or edit the details you provided. When you’re done, click the Submit button.
- An acknowledgment page will be displayed with a confirmation of your successful PSA online application. You’ll also see your batch request number and request reference number, which you’ll use for payment.
- If paying over the counter, print two copies of the Acknowledgment page.
- If paying with a credit card, click “Pay online via credit card now” to proceed with the payment.
PSA Online Application Payment
After you complete your online application, you will be issued a Batch Request Number and, for each request, a Request Reference Number. When paying for all requests in the batch, specify the Batch Request Number. When paying for a particular request only, specify the Request Reference Number.
Fees are inclusive of processing, delivery, and government taxes. The fees and the available payment channels depend on whether your delivery address is within the Philippines or outside the Philippines.
Also, PSAHelpline.ph offers different payment options for you to choose from! You can pay for your PSA certificate orders at the payment channel that is most convenient for you.
Accredited payment channels
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or JCB)
- BDO Online Banking
- UnionBank Online Banking
- BDO Remit partners abroad offering Kabayan Bills Bayad
- Foreign correspondent banks
- Bayad Center
NOTE: PSA Serbilis adopts a NO REFUND policy for all its services. All certifications issued by PSA are considered rendered service. Thus, these constitute rendered service, regardless of the result.
Online Banking Payment Instructions
- Visit the BDO or UnionBank website and log in to your online baking account.
- Go to the bills payment page.
- Choose “PSA SERBILIS (UNISYS)” as the biller or merchant.
- Enter the amount to pay.
- Type your batch request number or request reference number as the
- Subscriber Number.
- Confirm your payment.
Delivery within the PHILIPPINES Fees
- For birth/marriage/ death certificates PSASerbilis fee – ₱330.00 per copy while PSAHelpline.ph charge ₱365.00 per copy
- For CENOMAR PSASerbilis fee ₱430.00 while PSAHelpline.ph charge ₱465.00
Delivery to OTHER COUNTRIES Fees
- USD $20.30 per copy – birth/marriage/ death certificates
- USD $25.30 per copy – CENOMAR
ALSO READ: 14 Remote Luxury Resorts in the Philippines
PSA Serbilis Processing and Delivery Schedule within Philippines
For your guidance, below are the updated PSA Serbilis processing and delivery schedule. However, these are subject to change due to unavailability and/or cancellation of flights of airlines.
For Metro Manila delivery – 4 to 6 working days after payment
For Other Provinces – 6 to 8 working days after payment
* Additional 5 to 7 days for areas that are outside of courier’s standard serviceable area
Availability and schedule of delivery to other countries is dependent on the services of Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost) and the restrictions in each destination country. As an option, you can avail of special courier services through FedEx for delivery addresses outside the Philippines: PSA Serbilis Special Courier Service.pdf
PSAHelpline Delivery Process
The delivery of your document is based on your delivery address.
- For Metro Manila, the document will be delivered within 3-4 working days.
- For Provincial, the document will be delivered within 7-8 working days
PSA Serbilis Delivery to Other Countries
For special courier services through FedEx, delivery charges shall be to the requester’s/document owner’s account and shall be billed separately and directly by FedEx.
* Effective April 29, 2021, FedEx has suspended selected Express Economy services from the Asia Pacific to the Middle East/Indian Subcontinent/Africa until further notice.
** Selected FedEx Express Economy services within intra-Asia and from the Asia Pacific to the rest of the world remain temporarily suspended as well. You can continue shipping with FedEx International Priority to these destinations. Please visit www.fedex.com for more details.
PSA Serbilis Accredited Courier
- Deliveries within the Philippines – 2GO Express and LBC Express
- Overseas deliveries – PHLPost
- Express delivery abroad – FedEx
How to Check the Status of My PSA Serbilis Online Request?
Under “Check the Status of Your Request” (at the lower right corner of the PSA Serbilis homepage), enter your Batch Request Number or Request Reference Number. Then click the Go button.
If you need more information on your request status, you may send an email to email@example.com.
How to Check the Status of Your Request via PSA Helpline
- Click the Check Status tab.
- Enter your order reference number.
- Click Submit.
The convenience of PSA online services is worth the higher price tag if you’re willing to wait several days for your PSA certificates. No need to take an absence from work and spend an entire day to get your needed documents.
But if you’re pressed for time or trying to save money on fees, applying in person at a PSA Serbilis Center is the more practical option. You can get your PSA certificate within the day or the next working day. Fees are also lower for birth, marriage, and death certificates and CENOMAR.
PSA Serbilis FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
1. When do I get charged for my request/s if I pay through the online credit card payment facility?
Your credit card is charged immediately after you submit your credit card information and upon successful validation of the said information. You will receive a payment confirmation message from PSA Serbilis.
2. How soon is my payment reflected in the transaction status?
Normally, the status of your request will be updated from WAITING FOR PAYMENT to PAID/FOR PROCESSING two (2) working days after your payment date.
If you paid through a credit card, the status of your request will immediately be updated from WAITING FOR PAYMENT to PAID/FOR PROCESSING.
If you paid through BDO Remit subsidiary offices or remittance partners abroad offering Kabayan Bills Bayad, the status of your request will be updated from WAITING FOR PAYMENT to either PAID/FOR PROCESSING or IN PROCESS two (2) working days after payment confirmation has been received from BDO. Payment confirmation is provided by BDO at least two (2) days after the date of payment in the country of origin.
If you paid through foreign correspondent banks, the status of your request will be updated from WAITING FOR PAYMENT to either PAID/FOR PROCESSING or IN PROCESS two (2) working days after PSA confirms with us that it has received the credit advice from Land Bank of the Philippines. PSA usually receives credit advice from Land Bank three (3) to four (4) weeks after the date of payment in the country of origin.
Please note that although the status of your request is not updated immediately (except if payment is made through credit card), we start processing your request one (1) working day after your payment date.
3. If I changed my mind, at what point can I still cancel my request?
Once you have already paid for your request, you can no longer cancel it. PSA Serbilis adopts a NO CANCELLATION policy for all its services.
4. Can I request a refund?
PSA Serbilis adopts a NO REFUND policy for all its services.
All certifications issued by PSA are considered rendered service. All requests submitted via PSA Serbilis and paid through the available payment channels will undergo processing under the Civil Registry System of PSA. Thus, these constitute rendered service, regardless of the result.
If you have inquiries or encounter any problems regarding PSA Serbilis services, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. For cases of unsuccessful delivery, can I request for my certificate to be redelivered?
The following cases will result in unsuccessful delivery:
- The consignee, his authorized representative, or the document owner is not around, could not be located, or does not reside in
- the address indicated in the consignment note.
- The consignee, his authorized representative, or the document owner refuses to accept and/or properly and completely
- accomplish the forms to signify receipt.
- The address of the consignee is not complete/incorrect.
Unsuccessful delivery is considered as rendered service. PSA Serbilis does not allow redelivery.
6. What is the difference between the BATCH REQUEST NUMBER and the REQUEST REFERENCE NUMBER?
Use the Batch Request Number when:
(a) You are paying for ALL requests in the batch; or
(b) You are inquiring about the status of ALL requests in the batch in the PSA Serbilis website (“Check the Status of
Use the Request Reference Number when:
(a) You are paying for a PARTICULAR request;
(b) You are inquiring about the status of a PARTICULAR request on the PSA Serbilis website (“Check the Status of Your Request”); or
(c) You are inquiring about the location of a PARTICULAR request with our local courier.
7. Why did the PSA issue a certification (negative) instead of the copy I requested?
If you receive a certification (negative), it means that PSA has no record of the birth, marriage, or death certificate in its electronic and paper archives after an exhaustive search in the said archives.
8. I just secured a copy of my birth record printed on CRS paper. How long is this document valid?
PSA does not put any expiration date on the document/s. However, end-users such as the Department of Foreign Affairs and embassies require a copy of the document/s not older than six (6) months from the date of payment.
ALSO READ: Intriguing Fort Santiago Intramuros Manila
9. Can I make corrections after submitting my request/s online?
If you have not paid your request yet, you may submit another request with the correct entries.
However, once payment is made, PSA Serbilis can no longer accept corrections and/or cancellations. This will require a new request. Please be careful when filling out the online application form.
10. I had my birth date corrected in my birth certificate through the court and the final resolution was handed down in 1988. Does PSA have a copy of my document? Can I apply for a copy of my corrected birth record in PSA Serbilis?
Currently, PSA Serbilis will not be able to accept first-time requests for civil registry documents that have undergone correction and/or changes in entries through legal means allowed by Philippine laws. Documents that fall under this category of court decrees and legal instruments (CDLIs) include, but are not limited to:
- supplemental reports;
- presumptive death; and annulment of marriage.
Also covered are civil registry records whose entries have been corrected and/or changed through RA 9048 (Clerical Error Law), RA 9255 (An Act Allowing Illegitimate Children to Use the Surname of the Father), and RA 9858 (An Act Providing for the Legitimation of Children Born to Parents Below Marrying Age).
For cases under this category, the submission of Certified True Copies (CTCs) of supporting documents is required. If this is the first time you are requesting the corrected/annotated record, please proceed to PSA Sta. Mesa.